What size implant will work best: 300 mod+ or 325 HP? BWD 12. Will one give more lift than the other? I can't decide (Photo)

I am 34 5'5 and 130 pounds. BWD is 12. I am down to two sizes and I just don't know which one will work best for me. Will the hp be to narrow? Will the mod plus be too wide and flat?

What size implant will work best: 300 mod+ or 325 HP? BWD 12. Will one give more lift than the other? I can't decide

Thank you for your question and photograph.  You have excellent breast anatomy and should achieve an excellent result with either implant.  Because you have a slight amount of glandular ptosis or sag the high profile implant may give you more projection and a better result.  However always follow your plastic surgeon's advice.

BA sizesç

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well. 

What limits how big you should go?

1. Your current breast size. This matters because you’ve got to have enough existing breast tissue to cover the implant. If you haven’t got a lot to spare, some implants may just be too big to fit.
2. Your chest and shoulder width. Fortunately, implants come in different base widths so you can get a size that works well with your frame.

300 or 325 cc will give you the same lifted look, but I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals. 

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Size of Implant

Thank you for your picture and question. Looks like you can go with a 325 cc implant for a nice result. An in person consultation would be more helpful for you, please consult carefully with a board certified PS. Best of luck!

Implants are very close in size and shape

These implants are very close in size and shape and will give fairly similar results.  Based on your photograph either implant will work well for you, but the wider based diameter implant (mod +) will give you more cleavage if that is one of your goals. 

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

I don't think you have a bad choice. The high profile implant will give you a little more upper breast fulness, whereas the moderate profile implant will give you a little more natural appearance. Good luck!

What size breast implant will work best?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photograph, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

***Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Choosing the Best implant

A high-profile implant by design has more projection than a moderate plus implant. The further the implant projects from the chest wall, the more lifting effect it will produce. It will also give a rounder and fuller look to the breast. The implants produced a different overall shape, and you should discuss this with your surgeon before deciding on implant.

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Which implant is best, 300 M+ or 325 HP

When I do a breast augmentation, I like to bring more than one size and try sizers during surgery. Sometimes it is hard to judge which implant will look the best. The implant manufacturers make "sizers" that can be used during surgery to see which of the two looks  best on you. To me, this is a better way to fine tune. Your breasts really don't need much of a lift. With your ht and wt I would think about adding a 325 M+ and a 350 HP. Good luck.

Karen Quigley, MD

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.