Follow-up Question: I had a panniculectomy 7 weeks ago and my PS thinks I need lipo. (photo)

My surgery didn't remove much skin. About 1 pound. I had no drains put in. The "muffintop" is hard. I don't feel pain. I dont know, I just want to look normal again. My PS is recommending lipo, but I dont know. Could this still be swelling? Im going to consult with him about it next week. It's only been 7 weeks, it will be 8 weeks on Friday.

Muffin top post panniculectomy

I would be patient and wait until all of the swelling subsides before I would make a decision whether or not additional liposuction is needed.  This may take 6 months or more.  Furthermore, I would wait at least 6 months or a year before proceeding with liposuction since the blood supply and wound healing in the flap area could be compromised if liposuction is done too early.  Please follow up closely with your surgeon.  Best of luck on your journey!

Much too early for liposuction

You should not have liposuction for at least 6 months after surgery.  First this is swelling.  Second it is dangerous this early after surgery to liposuction the panniculectomy flaps.