Has anyone ever had a lollipop (vertical) incision on just one breast and just a benelli lift on the other breast?

My PS is suggesting i have just a benelli lift on one breast and a lollipop on the other as the nipple is measuring an inch and a half lower than the other. Has anyone had this done and if so, how were your results? Immediately, down the road, etc.. I'm worried about having uneven nipples in the end.

Different lift techniques can be done on each breast depending on the amount of skin laxity. it is possible for the other breast to have a different shape than the other. breastfeeding more often on one breast could make such differences. 

London Plastic Surgeon

Be careful

Just my opinion, but it is difficult to mix and match techniques between breasts, and you are right to be wary of uneven nipple positions and contours. If need be seek another opinion and ask lots and lots of questions. Hope this helps. 

Leland Deane, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric breast ptosis

If you have different amounts of breast ptosis on your right and left sides, then the surgeon may suggest different lift designs.  So, it's not unreasonable to do it this way.  The benelli (donut) lift can only create about 1 to 1.5" of lift - so it's only suitable for mild cases.  The vertical lift can do more.

Lifts

The final type and extent of a lift will depend upon the amounts of skin laxity. It is common to perform different lifts on each breast when there is different amounts of laxity. This is common after breast feeding on one breast more frequently than the other

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

I am not  fan of the Benelli technique because it often leaves a flat and slightly deformed areolar which enlarges after the sutures dissolve. However, with asymmetrical breasts anything is a possibility. Certainly your PS would be able to evaluate you better than a PS without the opportunity of a personal examination. Generally, I would use the lollipop technique, if that is what is indicated, for both sides, but the amount of elevation can be tailored to the amount of sagging for each breast. and the areolar and lift should be very close to the same after the procedure.

Although your plastic surgeon may be correct is his assessment and treatment, you may be more comfortable with a second opinion. Be sure you see a Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Thank you for your question and best of luck.

Yes and it has worked out fine. You want to have the correct procedure to improve the breast shape on each side. If the operation is carefully planned, measured and carried out the results should be excellent.

Different lifts

I do not commonly perform different techniques on different breasts, but sometimes this is necessary. Best of luck.

Lift Techniques

It sounds as though your Plastic Surgeon is offering you a customised solution based on your physical exam and consult. It would be difficult to comment without seeing you. I recommend that you bring your questions and concerns to your Plastic Surgeon or choose to get a second opinion in person with another Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

If there is an asymmetry two different operations or variations of the same operation may be necessary to adequately correct it.  It is hard to say of this is necessary in your case without photos or an exam. If you are concerned I would recommend getting a second opinion.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric breasts

The goal of cosmetic breast procedures is to match your breasts as closely as possible. Sometimes that requires different techniques on each side in order to achieve that and goal. It really just depends on your specific anatomy and the degree of breast asymmetry that you have.  If you are concerned about it you can always get a second opinion, however what you're suggesting is not uncommon.