How can I find a doctor in Florida for a labiaplasty?

My insurance will not cover it, so I am trying to keep the cost around 2,000 cash because financing it right now isn't an option for me. I am having a lot of issues with my enlarged labia minora so I'm looking at just a trim, no hood reduction of anything else. Can anyone help me or advise me?

Labiaplasty Surgeon

With any surgery, it is important to choose a quality board-certified surgeon. It is not wise to simply settle for a price ---- you always get what you pay for.   A “cheap”  procedure will more times than not, result in less-than-satisfactory results.  Do your research, pay what is appropriate for the procedure you want. This is your body.   A very delicate place.  Why would you not seek out the “best”.  I would advise that you save up for a quality procedure, which will limit the risk of further complications. is a great resource for finding board-certified surgeons in your area. Best of luck.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Don't rush into surgery

If you have limited funds, you're better off saving up for a quality procedure rather than jumping into the OR for the cheapest procedure you can find. If you have complications from a low-budget poorly done procedure, you'll wind up paying significantly more than the quality job you should have sought out in the first place.

Finding a Labial Surgeon

Can't help you on price but I can help you on finding a great surgeon in your area. The most critical decision to be made in achieving the best plastic surgical result is picking the most experienced and talented, that is the best, labial surgeon possible. Too often, patients choose a physician based on a catchy ad, the brand name of a technique, the basis of one or two before and after photos, or their web site’s search engine ranking. These criteria will not find the most experienced and talented plastic surgeon. See the below link for helpful tips.

Labiaplasty Doctor Search

Realself can be a great way to search for doctors in your area in Florida.  Unfortunately, I think that you are unlikely to be able to have this procedure done for $2000.  You may need to look and see if financing is an option.  Good luck!

Thank you for your question. You can research board certified plastic surgeons through RealSelf.

Martin Jugenburg, MD