Mid face lift or fillers?

Had a neck lift and lower face lift 10 weeks ago but worried about the mid face and under eye area. I was told I should had have had the midlift at the same time and now I cannot. What do you think ? How can I look better in the mid face. Is it too late now

Mid face Sag Ater Lower Facelift

Fat grafting to the cheek and tear troughs can camouflage the sagging of the midface that was not addressed through the earlier procedure.

Midfacelift or fillers?

A previous lower face and neck lift do not preclude you from having a midfacelift. Fillers are temporizing and may improve your look. Your best bet would be to return to your surgeon and ask for an expert opinion. Your surgeon knows your face and what procedures were done and will be able to determine what options are best for you after examining you.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

The mid-face area can be improved with surgery or potentially dermal fillers.

The mid-face area can be improved with surgery or potentially dermal fillers. Once you have completed the healing process from your facelift, you can re-evaluate your needs and discuss with your surgeon. Many patients and surgeons choose dermal fillers and/or fat injections instead of additional surgery with a midface lift. I recommend that you discuss dermal fillers and/or fat transfers with your surgeon or seek a second opinion with your local board certified facial plastic surgeon.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and Fillers

It would be in your best interest to discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon.  He knows the procedures that were done, and can explain that to you better us.  Before and after photos would be helpful, but your surgeon is the best to answer your question.  Good communication with your surgeon is important when embarking on the surgery journey.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Facelift

I am not sure what you have had. You mentioned neck lift and lower facelift.

The lower facelift and neck lift will take care of the cheeks, nasolabial folds, jowls, and neck.

Fillers do not replace the need for a facelift

Samir Shureih MD.FACS

sshureih@msn.com

Facelift and Fillers

Hello Just Enough- Pre and postop photos would be helpful in fully answering your questions. In general, a facelift (which always includes a neck lift) is for sags and bags, whereas fillers are used to augment contours. There is overlap between the two (lifting and filling) but one should be clear on what each can accomplish.  Facelifts will often also include lifting of the mid face.  Placing fillers in the high cheeks after a facelift can also improve the contour of the cheeks/midface and give the effect of mild lifting (by filling the upper cheeks). This may be beneficial to you also, but it depends on a variety of factors.  Enjoy the results that have been achieved and ask your plastic surgeon when you can consider fillers. Good luck

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon