Ultherapy, is there a doctor that can explain the "melting" side effect that some people are talking about?

Could a Doctor please explain how some people have had such horrible experiences with Ultherapy. I had the procedure a month ago and I find these stories to be improbable and scary to say the least. I believe these women but I can't find anything in literature that references this phenomenon anywhere.

Ultherapy is Safe

Hi and thank you for your question!

Our Nurse Practitioner has been performing Ultherapy procedures for over 5 years and has never seen or had side effect of melting fat. We perform a high volume of Ultherapy procedures in our practice amongst our 3 Physician Extenders (NP & PA's) and we still have never had any reports of this. We have no concern about this side effect.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Ultherapy -- Safety and Side Effects; IT DOESN'T MELT FAT

I have done 100s of treatments myself (not my RN) and I have NEVER seen fat melting or complications when done properly. I suggest you see an expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Ultherapy does not cause melting

Ultherapy is a skin tightening procedure that works on the muscle and the dermal skin layer. This procedure does NOT target the subcutaneous tissue, which means it will NOT reduce facial fat or “melt” the face. I have never experienced any adverse effects like this and I have performed hundreds of Ultherapy treatments.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon