Is it ok to smoke Marijuana, after the transplanted hairs are fully grown in?

Are transplanted hairs more susceptible to falling out when you smoke, even if they're grown in fully? I know that cigarettes reduce blood flow but does weed also? I will not smoke it until my hair is fully grown in. Marijuana is the most harmless drug. No one has ever died from smoking it. If you google "Why do eyes get red when high". It says that THC lowers blood pressure, blood vessels dilate and more blood is pushed through the body. So wouldn't more blood flow, making smoking marijuana ok?

Smoking

Past a month after your transplant, smoking anything will not affect your grafts any differently than it would affect your normal hair. Obviously there are other medical reasons why it may be wise to cut back or stop altogether, but in terms of your transplants past a month no special precautions need to be taken. If you want to smoke it before a month, there haven't been any studies to confirm or deny the effects of marijuana on hair transplants, so the risk is yours to take.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Smoking after a hair transplant.

I recommend patient quit smoking.  However after a transplant, smoking reduces the oxygen in the blood and compromise your result. If possible, try to refrain for the first few weeks after a procedure.

Gregory Michael Bazell, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Marijuana Smoking after a Hair Transplant.

I'm not aware of any hair problems from marijuana, however, it is well known to often have negative psychological effects on users. It is a fat soluble chemical and therefore builds up concentrations in the brain when it is used more than once per month. I would recommend against it on the basis of a healthy body mind and spirit. 

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

Smoke Marijuana, after the transplanted hair

3 months after hair transplant grafts all take or some of lost anyway and you can do everything , including every
kind of activity, smoking, close contact sports so on. 

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Most doctors would recommend that you do not smoke cigarettes or marijuana after surgery.

Most doctors would recommend that you do not smoke cigarettes or marijuana after surgery.  If you still want to smoke marijuana it is best to clear it with your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Smoking

smoking also reduces the amount of oxygen in the blood. I recommend that patients do not smoke for the couple weeks after a procedure and use that as a starting point to stopping smoking completely. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Smoking pot

After the hair transplants have taken root, there is no evidence that smoking pot will negatively impact the growth of the grafts either short or long term

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon