Is there really such thing as a silicone gel under the muscle "dropping"? (photos)

3 weeks ago I had a lollipop breast lift with 150cc under the muscle in left and 200cc in right. Silicone gel high profile. My left has a nice slope and my right is tight and up higher the difference is noticeable. Will this implant actually drop and look same as the left one or did she not create the proper pocket for it? Will I need a revision?

Is there really such thing as a silicone gel under the muscle "dropping"?

The answer is definitely yes but there are other possible reasons for the asymmetry that you demonstrate too.  It's too early to conclude but you should be examined by your surgeon to make sure that your healing is progressing without complications such as a hematoma or fluid collection.  With less skin and breast tissue present naturally on the right (I assume) it may take time for your right side to relax and settle.  Don't expect perfection but I'm hopeful that things will improve noticeably.  Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Breast Asymmetry

Your initially larger breast has more tissue to cover a smaller implant: softer and more natural result. Your initially smaller breast has less tissue to cover a larger implant: firmer and less natural result.  This is why I perform asymmetric reductions with all my breast lifts and augmentations, allowing me to use the same size implants. When this is done all three components are equilibrated between right and left breast: implant volume, soft tissue volume, and skin surface area. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Early post op

You are early in your post operative phase.  Your breast implants will settle and may require massage based on your implant type.  Your surgeon will guide you.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Implant Dropping

yes. Typically the implant will settle into a pocket that the surgeon has created.  Initially, the pocket may be tight, muscle is swollen, and this keeps the implant elevated. Massage and a upper bandeau breast strap can sometimes help to expedite the process as well as muscle relaxants especially if the muscle is sore on the one side. Your surgeon will have their own tips as well. Hope that helps!

Tripti Burt, MD
Plainfield Plastic Surgeon

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment and/or advice.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

In other words, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed; your breasts will undoubtedly change over the course of the next several weeks/months.   The vast majority of patients with your concerns at your stage in the recovery process, turn out to be much happier two to three months after the procedure was performed.  Understandably, patients often experience significant emotional "ups and downs" around the time of surgery.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.