3 days post op, a bump/ protrusion reaction from Botox on my left chin, is this a normal reaction?

I had 4 units of Botox injected into my chin 3 days ago. it is for treating a bump on the left side of my chin that was determined to be muscle tissue more than fatty tissue and never had a problem before. the next day a horse shoe shaped bump/protrusion that appeared and is visible in the middle of my chin when I make certain mouth movements. My injector said that this is a "bulbous" formation & very rare and should go down in 2 wks. Anyone had experience w/ this? Thanks!

Botox chin

It is difficult to determine cause without pictures in the resting state, & when you protrude your lips, & when you smile. But, from your description, It could be that there is overactivity, or weakness, of one of the muscles in the central chin area: mentalis, &/or depressor anguli oris. This should "blend in" within a few weeks, or can be corrected by 1-3 units of Botox in the overactive muscle, if there is one. 

Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Bump in chin from Botox

Without a photo it is difficult to ascertain what the "bump" is in your chin.  It may be a hematoma from a blood vessel injected.  If the bump does not go away I would return to your treating physician.

Botox and bruise?

Perhaps you developed a small hematoma from the injection. Botox takes about a week for its effects to occur. Follow with your injector.