Considering a revision to a rib graft rhinoplasty but want to know about realistic outcomes and downtime. (photo)

7 years ago I had a rib graft revision rhinoplasty, however the graft is not straight and the tip is large and bulbous. I am interested in having the size reduced and the graft straightened. I would greatly appreciate opinions to see if this is possible and something I should peruse. Thank you.

Considering a revision to a rib graft rhinoplasty but want to know about realistic outcomes and downtime.

Hello esoule6,
Thanks for your question.
Revision rhinoplasty in the setting of a rib graft is especially difficult.
It seems as though you have developed warping of your rib graft.  This is a common complaint with solid grafts on the top of the nose.
It is possible to remove the graft and convert it into a DCF (diced cartilage/fascia) graft to soften the appearance and decrease the bulk in the nasal tip.  You also look like you have malposition of the lower lateral cartilages that could benefit from correction to enhance the finesse in your nasal tip area.
Scar from the previous surgery may limit the improvements though.
It will take more than one year to fully heal from revision surgery depending on the amount of work needed.
I would recommend that you consult with a revision rhinoplasty specialist for more information.  If you so desire, I would be happy to speak with you by Skype (as I often do with out-of-town revision rhinoplasty patients) to give you more guidance.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

ReVision rhinoplasty procedure

Revision rhinoplasty, especially after  rib grafting is a very difficult endeavor. Anticipate at least one year of full healing after the procedure.