Is my vagina/vaginal opening normal? (photos)

i'm 21, never had sex, never used toys or anything. i've used tampons, that's about it. i know i don't have a hymen as i've been to the doctor before. most vagina holes i've seen are a lot smaller than mine, mine just looks quite large. does this mean i'd be "loose" if i were to have sex? this is one of the leading reasons that i haven't/won't have sex. thank you.

Another "...Am I Normal" question...

You appear not only normal and healthy, you are a "poster child" for how many of my patients who come in for labiaplasty of veginoplasty would ideally LIKE to look! No, you won't be "loose." There are lots of reasons not to have sex, but your vulvar and hymrnal (yes! you do have a hymen- I can see it!) anatomy are not among them. Enjoy the joys of sex with a special partner when the time is right..!

Michael P Goodman, MD

Another "...Am I Normal" question...

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Michael P Goodman, MD

Unnecessary concerns

Your anatomy looks perfectly normal. I would go for a gynecological visit to get additional reassurance that your anatomy is adequate for your age. Unnecessary worries should not preclude you from having sexual activity. Hope, it helps. Good luck.

Best regards,

Yvonne Wolny, MD 

Unnecessary concerns

Best regards,

Yvonne Wolny, MD 

Vaginal opening

Your vaginal appearance, according to what I can see from the photos, is absolutely normal.  I don't think I need to say anything more.

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Vaginal opening

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Your Vagina is Normal

I can only reiterate what other docs here have stated: your vagina appears to be totally normal from the photos you have shared.  The appearance of your genitalia should not be a source of insecurity for you and I am sure that your potential future sexual partner would agree.  You now have three expert opinions all agreeing (which rare to have 3 doctors agree so strongly, lol), so I hope that you are reassured by this and will be able to enter into an intimate sexual relationship in the future without feeling self-conscious about your totally normal anatomy.  Best of luck.

Your Vagina is Normal

Normal pictures

Your vaginal pictures look completely normal.  Take care of it and protect it from bad people who don't respect it or treat it like it's the greatest thing in the world.  

Normal pictures

Is my vaginal opening normal?

Thanks for sharing your photos and your concerns. From what I see, you look completely normal. You do not look large. You should feel confident that once you find a partner that you want to be intimate with that things will be just fine. Relax and enjoy yourself.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD

Urogynecologist & Cosmetic Surgeon

Is my vaginal opening normal?

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD

Urogynecologist & Cosmetic Surgeon

Is my vagina normal?

You look perfectly fine and normal.  I don't think you look large or loose - in fact you look on the small side as would be typical for a woman who is virginal.   

But if you were my daughter I wouldn't encourage you to go out there and have sex just because you have normal anatomy. Sometimes personal insecurity puts the brakes on sexual activity with the wrong person.   And there are a lot of wrong guys out there that will be more than happy to have sex with you.

The healthiest sexual lives are in a relationship with love and trust - where partners support and nurture each other.  In this type of relationship personal insecurities about the appearance of your body dissipate and your have a feeling of comfort and peace.  And you enjoy sex and it feels good during - and you feel good later.

So don't have sex for the sake of knowing how tight or loose you are.    Wait for the person who is right.  And build a life together.   

Sexual drive is a powerful force.  Its much safer on the body and soul to masturbate than to have sex with guy not worthy of you. 

The reason so many get into trouble is that the hungers of the body - sexual drive - are so powerful that we make decisions that hurt us in the end.    

Is my vagina normal?

The problem with your vagina is in your mind, not in your vagina

You're totally normal. I'll bet I saw more vaginas yesterday than you've seen in 21 years. Predicting what sex will feel like is pointless and making a list of reasons not to have sex is a surrogate for emotional issues beneath the surface. It takes two to tango. Go have some sex before you diss it further.

Normal Appearing Vagina

Thank you for your question and photographs.  From the photographs, your vagina appears normal.  However, I would recommend going to a gynecologist for an examination to confirm the findings from your photographs. 

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic and Reconstructive Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

Normal Appearing Vagina