How are some girls able to get TT, BBL, Lipo and BL w/Aug at same time? Safety?

I want all these procedure but don't know how safe it is. Does it depend on hemo level. On Oct 31 mine was 13.7 after a heavy cycle was 14.5. I want to do the procedure that requires the most aftercare/complications first if I can't get all as I will be staying 30 days

At My practice i don't perform those procedures at the same time, It has to be months apart.  

The patient should know that when procedures are combined especially when it includes liposuction the complication rate goes up tremendously.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

there are different types of tummy tucks which one is right for me and how are they different from the other? There is a mini tummy tuck, tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Tummy Tuck and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Safety?

Hello, Dear thank you so much for your questions and concerns.

The first thing to consider and most importantly before any individual or combined intervention is the state of health of the patient and is necessary to evaluate individually and with the necessary examinations to manage complications and generate a state postoperative less painful and rapid healing.

In addition, it should take into account the physical and psychological conditions of the patient, as much of this will depend recovery.

If you want to perform various cosmetic procedures, the ideal is to assist cosmetic surgery clinics serious, professional and guaranteed, request an appointment valuation and professional plastic surgeon evaluate the types of interventions you want as your physical condition and health, to see whether or not feasible to perform at the same time.

Best regards!

Ramon Morales, MD

It depends on how much needs to be done. A TT and BL + Aug can be done in less than 4 hours for some patients, and may need 6 hours for patients who need more extensive work. The skill of the surgeon also plays a role. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Combined procedures, "mommy makeovers." are popular but you need an experienced surgeon.

Yes, it is possible to do those procedures at one setting. But it is not for every plastic surgeon. Surgeons who do these combinations need to be experienced and know how to minimize risk by avoiding excessive blood loss, hypothermia, and excessively long operating times. There is no advantage in having a combined procedure if your safety is jeopardized or if you have a particularly difficult recovery experience. This decision is heavily individualized and you need to have a detailed discussion with your surgeon about it. I frequently do combined "mommy makeover" procedures and there are plenty of examples on my website. I favor total IV anesthesia, which is safer because there is no intubation, paralysis, or gas, and patients recover quickly. Your hemoglobin is well within normal limits.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Patient Safety in Combined Procedures

Although is has been shown that cosmetic procedures can be done together in one sitting, it is important to be judicious in to choosing what specific procedures can be combined and how extensive each of those procedures are. In general, the longer the operative time, especially the use of general anesthesia, the increased risk of complications. In particular, the risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis increases proportional to the increased operative time. - J. Vicente Poblete, MD, FACS, Avon, Ohio

Multiple procedures

It sounds like too many operations at the same time to me. Besides I like to stage a BBL and Tummy tuck to diminish the risk of wound healing problems with the tummy tuck.

Dr. Derby Sang

It all really depends on your PS. The best thing to do is to divide it into two phases for your best and the doctors.

best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Combining cosmetic procedures

The number one priority is your safety.  Starting with seeing an experienced board certified plastic surgeon with a team capable of handling those procedures will be the first step.  We know that procedures performed in an outpatient setting greater than 6 hours will have significantly higher rates of complications.  Having those combined procedures all at once would take an experienced surgeon with multiuple assistants to accomplish in less than 6 hours.  Hemoglobin is a consideration but only one data point.  BMI, tobacco use, diabetes, heart issues, sleep apnea, and history of clotting or anesthesia problems would be very important when considering procedures of that magnitude.  

I also would recommend really evaluating the amount of help that will be required after the procedure as there will not be a comfortable position to be in and the discomfort would be significant.  Can it be done?  Yes.  It is by no means a simple procedure and would be risky to combine all of those procedures even in the healthiest of patients.

Best Dr. L

Andre Levesque, MD

Combined procedures

Hi and thanks for your question. It is very common to do combined procedures every time the patient is a good candidate, all measures are taken to avoid complications and don't do extreme things.

Best wishes 

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon