What can be done to make my nasal tip and nostrils less pointy/softer? (photo)

Can my nose be reduced, in terms of size, because it is somewhat bulbous in real life? In addition, what could be done about my side profile, from a surgeon's point of view? I feel as if the tip can be lifted upward, or is it fine, overall? I know that there is no such thing as a perfect nose, as a general nose shape may not be the best fit for another person's face. However, what can be done about mine? Thank you.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. Based on the photographs you have posted, I believe you would benefit from a rhinoplasty for a hump reduction, tip rhinoplasty and straightening of the caudal septum. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

What can be done to make my nasal tip and nostrils less pointy/softer?

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish narrowing the bulbous tip with suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal by placing all the incisions on the inside of the nose.  The nose also appears crooked, so it can be straightened with osteotomies and a spreader graft. The dorsal hump can be shaved down, and the caudal septum straightened as well.  Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip and twisted nose is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. Digital computer imaging also be helpful to understand what can and cannot be accomplished with your nose on your facial features. For more information and many before and after rhinoplasty examples, please see the link and the video below 

Rhinoplasty

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty

Here's the thing about rhinoplasty, it can change the shape and size of your nose, but determining how exactly that is to be accomplished for each individual requires an in person exam. Otherwise, it's simply conjecture. So, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your are to be assessed in person and discuss the best options for you. No one should have to live with a nose that makes them miserable.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

It looks like you have a significantly deviated caudal septum and curvature of your nose. You are best to be seen in person to determine what might be best for you .

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hi thanks to share your concern.From the pics you have shared you do have a gross deviated nasal septum to the right.next is a bulbous tip and mild ptosis of the nasal tip.like you desire you can have a cephalic trim and tip refinement done to fit your facial features.to get optimal improvement.you do require a detailed intra nasal examination to confirm the septal deviation.please do consult a board certified plastic surgeon discuss in detail all the options and get it done,good luck