Need a revision rhinoplasty?

It's been 3 in a half years since my previous rhinoplasty. I don't look botched or anything but have problems. I have a slight Pollybeak deformity because too much bone was shaved from the top of my nose and of course the tip left alone,Inverted v deformity, and irregularities show from the shrink wrappage. Functionally I suffer from an internal valve collapse. I was told grafts from my septum and most likely ear would be used. Is Dr. Dean Toriumi a great choice to go with for a revision rhinoplasty?

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

A revision rhinoplasty can accomplish shaving down a slight polybeak, addressing the inverted V deformity with osteotomies and spreader grafts. The spreader grafts should also help with the internal  valve collapse. If there is a cartilage depleted nose, then ear cartilage would be used. Look for a surgeon with extensive experience in rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty for best results.

Revision rhinoplasty with multiple issues.

Revision rhinoplasty with multiple issues.  See several revision rhinoplasty surgeons and look at their results. I as well as other very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeons rarely use rib grafts Have several consultations  and pick the surgeon you feel comfortable with and does revisions you like. 

Rhinoplasty revision

If you need extensive grafts especially for dorsal augmentation, then rib cartilage may be necessary. I have used irradiated cartilage in many cases when the patient prefers that I do not harvest it from their own chest.

Secondary Rhi

The best graft source for the secondary rhinoplasty is the septum as long as it is available. Ear cartilage is the second best choice for the nose tip graft. On rare occasions it may be necessary to harvest the rib cartilage for the spreader grafts and the columella. Some surgeons almost routinely use rib graft. This often is unnecessary. You may want to consult a few surgeons who specialize in secondary rhinoplasty and choose the one who seems to be the best match for you and you are most comfortable with.

Good Luck

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon