Which would you recommend; Mini or a Full Tummy Tuck?!?! (photos)

I'm looking to have a MM in the near future. I've been to one consult so far and have more set up for the coming weeks. I am wondering what you Dr.'s think my best option is, a Mini TT or Full? I don't want to go through all of this just to later have to do it again because I am not satisfied with a Mini. Also if I do a Mini and if a "floating" BB is done will that mess up the chance to correct the Mini with a Full? Thank you for your time.

Best option for you.

Hi Little Bird, After looking at your pictures you will without a doubt get a better result and be happier with a full tummy tuck. When the skin of the abdomen is loose from hip to hip the incision to remove it will be at least that long and this will be lencth of the incision required for a full tummt tuck. This procedure also allows for tightening of the entire muscle which has been stretched from pregnancy.  If in your makeover you are planning on rejuvenating your breasts this can be done at the same time as the tummy tuck. During your consultation all of your options will be discussed. Good luck.

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction

A mini tummy tuck will not achieve your goals.  It is not even an option.  However, with a full tummy tuck you should have an excellent outcome. There is absolutely in these pictures that would indicate that you would need a lower body lift.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Mini or a Full Tummy Tuck?

Given the amount of loose skin evident in your photos, I don't think there is any way that a "mini" tummy tuck would get you the result you're looking for. A full tummy tuck will give you a more complete correction and overall better contour. 

Braden C. Stridde, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Full abdominoplasty

Your pictures would definitely indicate that you should have a full Abdominoplasty. I think that you would get a great result and anything less would probably leave you unhappy.Go for the full!Good luck !

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck

I think without doubt I would recommend a full tummy tuck for you.  I would expect you to be quite disappointed having only a mini tummy tuck.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Mini or full tummy tuck?

From your photographs, it certainly seems that you require a full tummy tuck. Anything less than that would almost surely leave you unhappy with only minimal improvement.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Mini or full tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. There is no option in your case. A full tummy tuck is needed. I would even go further and have you consider a lower body lift as you have laxity of the outside of you thighs and buttocks, which is taken care of by a lower body lift, when performed appropriately. 
Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Mini or full?

Thank you for your question and photos.

You would best be served by a full tummy tuck. A mini would only address the loose lower skin and would leave you disappointed.  A full tummy tuck will allow for maximal excision of the loose skin of the lower abdomen, tightening of the muscles and contouring of the lower trunk. Liposuction is often used to contour the flanks to establish a nice feminine silhouette.

Consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will help answer all your questions and devise a body contouring plan that is specific to your needs.

Best Wishes,

Michael Morrissey,MD

J. Michael Morrissey, MD

Which would you recommend; Mini or a Full Tummy Tuck?

There are a variety of tummy tucks that can produce a good cosmetic result in the appropriate patient: a mini tummy tuck, a modified with an umbilical float, or a variety of a full abdominoplasty, all of which may, or may not, include tightening of the muscle and liposuction. Generally if there is significant loose skin above the umbilicus (belly button) as there appears to be in your photos a full tummy tuck will result in a greater correction and better outcome.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Mini Vs Full Tummy Tuck

Full Tummy Tuck. 

Mini Abdominoplasty or. Umbilical Fliat procedure are operations for women with minimal excess skin. As such they are limited to a small group of women. 

Yiu apoear ear to have a moderate amount of excess skin with excess skin above the belly button with muscle separation and a small overhang. You should get a nice result with a Full Tummy Yuck with muscle tightening. 

Good luck. 

Peter Aleea
Memphis, TN