How long do I have to wait for a revision rhinoplasty after having FESS for chronic sinusitis?

My previous rhinoplasty was 3 years ago. So it's been enough time. But after my fess surgery for chronic sinusitis how long is the wait before I can have revision rhinoplasty? 4 months or so I'm guessing? My septum and turbinates are fine.

FESS and Revision Rhinoplasty

Sinus surgery can be performed at the same time as a revision rhinoplasty.  If you decide to have the procedures at separate times it will depend on the extent of the sinus procedure.  If any manipulation of the septum was performed during the sinus surgery to gain access to the sinus cavities you should wait 6 months or longer for healing.  For more limited sinus procedures not involving the septum or turbinates a month is enough time to wait prior to revision rhinoplasty.  Your surgeon will want to examine your nose though to assure the mucosa and lining of the nose is fully healed.  

Palo Alto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Functional endoscopic sinus surgery and revision rhinoplasty

Functional endoscopic sinus surgery and a rhinoplasty procedure can be performed simultaneously by a double board certified ENT/facial plastic surgeon.  If you have are performing them separately, then it is probably best to wait a month or 2 in between procedures  to allow the swelling to subside.  For more information about both procedures, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty and Sinus Surgery

Thanks for your post. I commonly perform rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty at the same time on patients who require FESS. This sometimes depends on the nature of the sinus problem and whether or not cartilage grafts/ implants are required for the revision rhinoplasty. Many Facial Plastic Surgeons have expertise in FESS and have ENT board certification too. If your plastic surgeon does not do FESS, perhaps he/she may work closely with a FESS surgeon who may help out. If you must consider staging for whatever reason, I would wait at least 6 months. Hope this answer helps. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon