Lip reduction, I'm wondering if the after is possible? (photo)

Lip Reduction Candidacy

Based on your photographs, it seems like you have realistic expectations and it is possible to reduce the size of your lips. An in-person consultation and examination would be advised to assess your lips in person and talk through both expectations from surgery and the recovery period. It would be worthwhile seeing a facial plastic surgeon is who specializes in lip reductions and taking along your pictures with you so he/she understands your aesthetic goals

Lip Reduction Surgery

I appreciate your concern and while physical exam is optimal, your photos demonstrate that you would most likely benefit from lip reduction surgery. Your expectations are reasonable. The procedure is done in the office, under local anesthesia, and it takes about one hour. Recovery is usually one week, as postop, the lips are quite swollen. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about the procedure. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience with lip surgery, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD