What can I do to enhance my lips and make them look fuller? Lip augmentation? (Photos)

What can I do to enhance my lips and make them look fuller? I feel like they are somewhat thin in real life, and I feel like they are aystmmetrical. I would like my lips to balance out my face more proportionally, and, at the same time, create nice looking results. What would be some recommendations for me? Thank you.

Lip Augmentation with Injectable Fillers

Based on your goals described here it sounds like a lip augmentation with the use of injectable fillers could be a great option. In my practice, I frequently use Juvederm XC or the new Juvederm Volbella in the lips to add natural-looking volume, smooth out small wrinkles on the lips and for some patients smooth wrinkles around the lips. I would suggest seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation to get an accurate recommendation for you.

Lip augmentation benefits

The way you described your goals for a lip augmentation is phenomenal. It is great to hear when a patient wants to enhance her lips to bring more balance to her overall facial appearance. Juvederm or the new filler Volbella are great injectable options to enhance the size, shape and symmetry of your lips. An expert injector will know how to strategically place the filler to address your asymmetry issues and give you a subtle and natural looking result. Please make sure you find an injector who is a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who has a lot of experience with lip fillers to make sure you get the best results possible. 

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Lip augmentation

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

The use of fillers will be a good alternative for enhancing the volume of your lips. You have a beautiful canvas, and the outcome should be great on you

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Lip Fillers

I definitely think that you would be a great candidate for a lip filler like Volbella or Restylane to enhance these lips which are thin. I would also consider Voluma to augment the mid-face.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Enhancement with Volbella

Dear missy6709:

Looking at your photos, I would recommend enhancing your lips with a HA filler like Volbellla.  All the best.

Lip augmentation

Often I use hyaluronic acid filler to augment the lips. I find that this is a nice product that gives patients nice results.

What can I do to enhance my lips and make them look fuller? Lip augmentation?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I would recommend placement of a hyaluronic acid dermal filler such as Juvederm Ultra Plus to achieve an increase in your overall upper and lower lip size while narrowing asymmetry and subtly adjusting your lip shape.  This treatment can be done in the office with no downtime.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to maximize your results.  Best wishes.

#LipFillers

Dear missy6709:

A variety of hyaluronic acid fillers can be used to gently enhance lip volume, enhance shape, and correct asymmetries.  Belotero and Juvederm provide the most natural results with the least downtime. Restylane or Juvederm Ultra Plus can be used for patients who want the greatest longevity and can tolerate some recovery time after treatment. 

It is important that fillers be injected with regard to normal facial anatomy.  I often employ calipers allowing assessment of facial symmetry and phi ratios to ensure a balanced, natural effect.

All the best,   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

The hyaluronic acid fillers are great for this.

I personally very much like Restylane for this.  Less is more.  Most lips should not have more than 1 ml of filler split between the upper and lower lip. The lower lip should always be stronger than the upper lip.  It is important the filler service goes form corner to corner to avoid the parrot beak.  I do not like the so-called smooth fillers (Juvederm, Belotero, Restylane Silk).  This products are for injectors who make bumps.  These products are runny and the bumps tend to fix themselves but the products also does not stay put leading to volume in the wrong places.  

Conservative Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about the appearance of your lips.  Based on your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a conservative lip augmentation with a small amount of a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!