I had a breast reduction and liposuction of the back and bra rolls 8/18/16. I have lower back numbness and pain. Is this normal?
Doctor Answers 2
Liposuction and breast reduction - now have lower back numbness and pain
- I am sorry your recovery is so hard.
- Yes, the numbness and pain are normal.
- Your surgery was twelve days ago - you are still swollen.
- You will not be able to comfortably lie on your back for several more weeks.
- The pain in changing position is from muscle spasm.
- Ask your surgeon for instructions on stretching out your back muscles -
- And keep pressure off the area as much as possible.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.