Liposuction and breast reduction - now have lower back numbness and pain
Thank you for asking about your breast reduction and back liposuction.
- I am sorry your recovery is so hard.
- Yes, the numbness and pain are normal.
- Your surgery was twelve days ago - you are still swollen.
- You will not be able to comfortably lie on your back for several more weeks.
- The pain in changing position is from muscle spasm.
- Ask your surgeon for instructions on stretching out your back muscles -
- And keep pressure off the area as much as possible.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Some numbness may be related to swelling and local trauma from the liposuction. Often with time as the swelling comes down the sensation improves.