If someone gains weight is there more of a chance that the fat increase could be in the fat cells around organs like the heart?

Possible long term problems that could be caused by removal of fat from coolsculpt .I have done some reading on coolsculpt and the research shows that there are no long terms negative effects that are yet know. My question is if someone gains weight is there more of a chance that the fat increase could be in the fat cells around organs like the heart? If so does the negative outweigh the positive? I have had one procedure and was unsure about having a secondary.

CoolSculpting Is Safe in the Long Term

This is a very interesting question, and I commend you for being proactive about your health. However, there's no evidence that CoolSculpting causes any long-term fat accumulation around your organs. I and most other doctors recommend CoolSculpting as an adjunct to a healthy lifestyle, not as a weight loss method. If you have generally healthy habits now and maintain them after CoolSculpting, there's no reason to fear long-term consequences related to visceral fat.

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting only destroys a small amount of fat cells and has no affect on your overall health or organs. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Cool Sculpt and fat increase

Dear Lize1, I would not worry about this situation following cool sculpt. What is most important is living a healthy lifestyle over all and knowing cool sculpt is a nice option for spot reduction but not weight loss. Cool Sculpt is best for clients who maintain a healthy weight but need stubborn areas reduced. Hope that helps. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Long term risks to health with #CoolSculpting

Dear lize1:

Your question is a thoughtful one. The number of cells that are eliminated with CoolSculpting, even with multiple treatments, is so small relative to the number of fat cells in the entire body that, even with significant weight gain, the increase in size of the other fat cells because of prior CoolSculpting is insignificant.

I would not be concerned about unknown risks to health in this regard.

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definition Liposuction Results

Coolsculpting results are minmal, about 20% per area treated. this has no effect on yoru overall health and fat that goes around organs.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fat Increase after CoolSculpting

There is no evidence that suggests you will accumulate excess fat around your organs after CoolSculpting.  CoolSculpting is targeted towards our fat that lies right beneath the dermal layer of our skin.  Diet and exercise definitely effect the visceral fat that surrounds our organs and heart.

Eric P. Bachelor, MD
Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon