Day 8 post op. Will my arms tighten up? Get smaller? Still feel kind of droopy. (Photo)

I decided to post before or after. I umderstand, i am still swollen but I am just wondering if the droop in my arms will lift? Thanks for your answers!

Recovery from arm lift

Congratulations on your surgery!  At only 8 days post op you are still very early in the recovery process.  You are still swollen and your tissues are still healing.  You can expect changes to continue as you heal.  I know it's hard to be patient, but that is the best thing to do.  Follow your surgeon's instructions and keep all follow up appointments.

Arm lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you have achieved significant improvement from the arm lift procedure.  Given that you are only eight days post-op though, you need to remain patient as you move forward in the healing process.  You are still swollen and need to continue to follow the instructions of your surgeon as you move forward in the healing process to ensure optimal results.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Whats the scoop on the droop?

I would say that so far your results are looking pretty good! From what I can tell looking at the pictures, it looks as though your excess skin has been removed and you have better contours to your arms now!

After surgery, the surgical site usually swells and remains that way for quite some time. It can take months for swelling to go down. I tell my patients that as time goes on their result will get better and better as the swelling goes down. That being said, I although the pictures are helpful, I cant give you a completely accurate answer without being able to evaluate you in person. I would need to assess your skin quality and laxity.

I typically combine liposuction and arm lift together. I feel like this can give one better contours and a better result. Also, with liposuctioning the remaining portion of the arm you can get some extra skin shrinkage/tightening.

You should definitely bring up your concerns with your plastic surgeon and see what his opinion/recommendations are. Wish you all the best in your recovery!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift - is the result ok?

Thank you for asking about your arm lift.

• Your photos suggest you are getting a very nice result.
  • At 8 days, you are still swollen -
  • Just be patient, wear your arms wrapped if your surgeon recommends it and give your body time to reveal your final result. 
  • It should steadily look better with time.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Day 8 post op. Will my arms tighten up? Get smaller? Still feel kind of droopy

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs. It appears that you have had a very nice result from your brachioplasty.  You likely have swelling still present in your arms that will improve over the next several weeks and your skin should shrink to its newer size.  The arm won't necessarily get tighter, but with exercise you will certainly obtain a more toned appearance. Hope this helps. 

Day 8 post op. Will my arms tighten up? Get smaller?

It's still early in recovery.  Over the next few months, much of the swelling will subside and things will start to contract a bit.  It looks great for 8 days postop.  In my practice, patients usually wear a compression garment for a few weeks and try to restrict arm activity to limit spreading of the scar.  Please follow up with your surgeon to discuss your concerns.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Arm Lift - drooping arms

I would think so.  The arm skin will contract while healing to a tighter position and then relax a bit after 1-2 years to the final result.  It looks great!  Best Wishes!!