What can be done to correct corner lip lift revision and depressed scar? (photos)

I had a small corner lip lift several months ago, followed by a revision about 7 weeks ago. At this point, I have a slight depressed scar on the left side, and a very awkward depressed scar on the right. On the right, it seems I have developed a bump which leads down toward the outer corner in a ridge. The vermillion border is supposed to meet the scar, but the ridge is distorting the shape of the lip. How can this be corrected? Please help!

Lip lift above the pink lip

Thank you for asking about your lip lift.
  • I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time with your corner lip lift.
  • Most experienced plastic surgeons will not revise a scar for at least six months.
  • Tissues are swollen and corrections difficult if tried earlier than this.
  • I agree with you that the result is not ideal -
  • Please wait a full six months from this second surgery before more is done.
  • Then consider a second opinion before having more surgery -
  • Placement of the scars and the early re-operation makes me wonder whether your surgeon was a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
  • Regardless, an examination is required to know what should be done -
  • Correction will be challenging and must be done with magnification.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS