Can continuing previous tt into a LBL fix the issue of my lower back and flank area?

Will a LBL or butt lift address the issue of the extra meatiness of my lower back? I have already had a full tummy tuck and an inner thigh lift and would like to extend my tummy tuck into a lower body/butt lift. I am trying to look at before and after pictures and reviews but I'm not sure on what you would call it. What is the correct terminology for procedures needed. Lower body/butt lift NOT including an abdominoplasty. The issue is excess skin and fat in my love handles and flank area. 

The incision of your TT can be extended around to the back to complete the bodylift. This is often combined with liposuction of the flanks and back to remove the fatty deposits in these areas. This procedure will also lift your buttocks. All the best.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Extending a previous tummy tuck into a body lift

Thank you for asking about your body lift.
  • The operation you are considering is called a back lift.
  • Tummy tuck + back lift = body lift.
  • It is done after major weight loss, when the skin on the sides and back is loose and the buttocks droopy.
  • If you were happy with your tummy tuck and you are still near your surgeon, the best approach is to see her/him to discuss this additonal surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Body lifting

A TT can easily be extended to add a lower body lift. This will elevate the buttock and lateral thigh. However, you said the excess tissue is in your love handle and flank area. A lower body lift does not help that area. The fat in these areas is removed with liposuction. If you have a lot of excess skin in this areausually from large weight loss the excess skin can be remove through a back lift [I call it a thoracoplasty] where excess skin is removed from upper and lower back with incision left in the bra line. Discuss all with a surgeon who does major body lifting. Good luck.

Making a tummy tuck into a lower body lift

Thanks for your question.  Yes, a previous tummy tuck can be extended onto your back for additional contouring.  I call this a posterior lower body lift or buttock lift, but a search for the term buttock lift these days will likely result in lots of information about fat grafting to the buttocks rather than the procedure in which you're interested.  Without an examination or at least photos it's impossible to comment on the amount of improvement you may achieve.  Typically the back part of a lower body lift will improve the fullness of the hips and allow a more aggressive removal of tissue from the sides near the waist.  The flanks may achieve some improvement, but perhaps to a lesser degree than the lower part of the back.