Lip reduction -will the gaps in my lips close back up even when the internal skin is healed?

I had lip reduction surgery 10 days ago. After I removed my stitches I noticed areas of my lips have slits in them (along the incision cut) where the skin failed to heal together. There are slits where I could fit a pencil tip inside. Upon close inspection it appears that inside the slits, my skin is completely healed on the inside surface. Will these slits/gaps close up over time, or will they stay open since the internal skin has already healed? I am so depressed about this whole situation.

I would suggest going back to your surgeon and discussing all your concerns. Usually the wounds heal, the swelling subsides, and there is minimal scarring.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon