Does it look like I need lip injections? Be honest. (photos)

I'm 18 almost 19 years old. Does it look like I need or would be a good candidate for lip injections? A place I talked to said they always use juvederm for lip injections and it would be 300 dollars for juvederm.. Another place said they also always use juvederm and it would be 500 there for juvederm. Is there a reason the same amount of the same thing would be charged less at the first place? Should I go to the more expensive one? And they have a nurse who does the injections should it be a dr?

Juvederm injection to the lips

Does it look like you need lip injections?  Of course not.  No one needs cosmetic surgery or lip injections.  However, I agree that your upper lip is relatively thin, and you may benefit from Juvederm injection.  Your decision on where to go and how much money to spend should be based on speaking with your prospective physician or nurse injector, finding out how many injections he/she has performed and how often these are performed, reviewing multiple before/after photos of his/her results, and reading reviews of the practice.  I personally perform every injection in my practice, but this is an individual decision for each physician and each patient.

Plano Plastic Surgeon

Getting lip filler injection

First and foremost, have an expert (e.g. dermatologist, plastic surgeon) assess your need for Botox or Fillers, AND to provide the treatment. In your case, you might start with a 1/2 syringe of filler for just your upper lip as your lower lip already looks quite full. You can always add more filler if you like it.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

Lip fillers do great and look natural if done with skill and expertise. I suggest you see an expert for treatment and someone who truly understands contouring. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip enhancement with Juvederm

I think that you can use some filler. I don't think that $300 would be for a full syringe of Juvederm. It they are selling 1/2 syringes, it makes sense. I would stear clear if they are selling a full syringe at that price because there is something up with that pricing. Go to the place that you trust the most and friends have been happy going to.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Conservative Lip Enhancement

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photographs, you appear to be a great candidate for lip augmentation.  I would suggest a conservative lip augmentation with Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Best wishes!

Does it look like I need lip injections?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  The decision to pursue any aesthetic procedure is a personal one and should be driven based on your desired goals.  Based on your pictures it appears that your upper lip would benefit from a bit more volume to help balance it with your lower lip.  I perform all the injections in my office and would recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon to maximize your outcome.

Lip augmentation

Although it is a personal decision to weather have lip injection, but your upper lip might benefit from mild to moderate filling. Best wishes,

Ali Totonchi, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Does it look like I need lip injections? Be honest.

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants  for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is small compared to your lower. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The upper lip can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant. Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.
Hope this helps.