Just had Labiaplasty 3 weeks ago. Am I healing properly? (photos)

Labiaplaty post op

Thank you for question.  It appears you are healing well and should be just fine.There is still some swelling I suspect but otherwise I do not see any areas of concern.Best of luck.

Post-Op Healing for Labiaplasty

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks.  It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months and firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of brusing and they way in which your body heals. Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful as well. If you are uncomfortable at all with the appearance or feeling of your labia during healing, then you should contact your surgeon right away.

This is what trims look like

This is what trim labiaplasties look like. Actually this is among the better results I have seen for a trim labiaplasty. I don't perform trim labiaplasty surgeries because I don't like the way they look: amputated edges with left over fullness at the top (clitoral hood is ignored with this technique).I prefer the extended wedge approach which leaves a much more balanced appearance to the vulva IMHO. For ladies who have extra clitoral hood tissue, a continuous removal of tissue to perform a hood reduction can also be done in the same procedure.

3 weeks post labiaplasty

appears to be healing well.  You have a generous prepuce/lateral hood that will be more noticeable now but the minora are healing well.  Follow your surgeon's instructions and you should have a happy ending.

Curtis Wong, MD

How might things look 3 weeks after labiaplasty?

...Looks like you're healing appropriately for 3 weeks post-op, linear/trim labiaplasty procedure. Your sutures haven't totally dissolved (unless your surgeon uses special early-dissolving "Rapide" sutures, it takes 4-6 weeks for suture resolution;) it will take a total of 6 weeks to 3 months before the suture-associated inflammation resolves, the "stiffness" & bumpiness & irregularity fade & you can get a true idea as to long-term outcome.

Looks OK at this point. You'll know much more in another 3-6 weeks. Hank in there..!

Michael P Goodman, MD
Davis, CA, USA

Just had labiaplasty 3 weeks ago. Am I healing properly?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  It appears that outside of some soft tissue swelling that your incisions are healing well after your trim labiaplasty.  Maintain your surgeon's postoperative healing protocol and all should continue to heal in an uncomplicated manner.

Labiaplasty 3 weeks ago; Healing properly?

Everything looks just fine for now. The swelling that you have is normal for the post-operative period. I usually tell my patients not to have intercourse for 5-6 weeks
post surgery, and not to engage in activities that irritate the area. If the swelling increases,it might not be a bad idea to discuss your concerns with your own surgeon. I am sure that he/she would want to hear from you.
Dr. Christine Rodgers

3 weeks post labiaplasty

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture it look like healing appropriately. Please talk to your physician and express your concerns if any to him.her

From your photo, it appears you are healing appropriately for the procedure you had done, which appears to be a linear excision labiaplasty. This is normal results for this procedure. I prefer my method of labiaplasty which is detailed in the link below. I believe it gives a better aesthetic result. However, wait 3 to 6 months and reassess results at that time. Over 90% of women are satisfied with the results regardless of the procedure performed. 

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Labiaplasty Three Week Recovery

Thank you for your question about recovery from Labiaplasty.

The one pictures seems to appear within the range of normal healing.

For specific questions like this and about your recovery, it is generally best to speak with your doctor or doctor’s representative – such as his or her nurse, or the physician on call for the practice.

You will likely get many different opinions from members of the RealSelf Community, but they have not physically seen or examined you, and nobody knows you or the circumstances better than your doctor.

If you feel you are not being listened to or you are doubting your doctor’s recommendations, then it is certainly within your rights to seek a second and get the advice from another board certified physician. This should be done through an in-person consultation.

Obviously, if you think that you are having a medical emergency or other serious problem, you should call 911 and/or go to your nearest emergency room.

Best Wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS