I have rolling scars and boxcar scars on both sides of my face. I want Bellafill and subcision. Will it work?

Will Bellafill and Subcision work on these scars? I spent over half my life hiding from bright lights and certain sun light. I want to live a normal life and feel happy and not so ugly!! Please help..I am getting desperate and this has ruined much of my teen and adulthood!The area's are both sides of my face about the size of a silver dollar on the jawline into the neck.

Acne scars

Bellafill is an FDA approved facial filler for acne scars.  Subcision and Bellafill has been shown to be very effective in improving acne scars.

Bellafill for rolling and boxcar scars?

Dear dokken85:  #Bellafill is most effective in rolling scars, but I have seen boxcar scars and even pitted scars improve, especially when combined with subcision. #Microneedling with #PRP would also be helpful for your scars.  In my practice, we have many modalities to treat acne scars, including lasers, Microneedling, PRP, topicals, Restylane, Radiesse, and Bellafill.  Acne scarring is a terrible problem that changes people's lives and can interfere with professional success and personal relationships. It is understandable that you would want to do something about it , and the latest therapies are very effective.  All the best,   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Bellafill for Boxcar and Rolling Scars form Acne

Bellafill may be a solution for you. You need to make sure that your current scars and problems form your acne are completely settled and that the scars are soft.

Bellafill is a great solution to fill in areas of volume loss of many kinds including acne.

Make sure you see an experienced Bellafill injector.

I have added a web reference and video for more information for you.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill and acne scars

The best scars treated with Bellafill are rolling acne scars which are distensible (flatten when stretched). Sometimes volume replacement is needed to improve the appearance of the scars as well and this can be done with Bellafill too. Usually a combination of therapies is needed for best improvement and an energy device I like for these scars is Infini. Subcision and PRP are also helpful. You must have a consultation to discuss all treatment options.

Steven F. Weiner, MD