I had a bilateral mastectomy in 2014 with reconstruction expanders/implants 500cc.

Now when I lay down my breasts fall into my armpits. I would like to have capsulorraphy done and go with a larger implant, and get more cleavage. I'm looking for a good surgeon that with take my BCBS insurance. I have contacted a few across the US and they do not take insurance. Having had breast cancer was bad enough, now I can't seem to find a surgeon that is experienced in capsulorraphy to fix my problem that takes insurance.

Doctor Answers 3

Breast reconstruction revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This should not be that complicated but if you explore breast reconstruction in your area then you should be able to find options in your region.  Feel free to contact us if this doesn't help.

Lateral movement of implants, revision needed

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your revision would be fairly straightforward with a combination of using an acellular dermal matrix, possibly new implants and some fat grafting. These procedures should be covered by insurance since you had a diagnosis of breast cancer. Keep looking in your area for a plastic surgeon who takes insurance. It can sometimes help to actually call your insurance company to ask who in the area is in your network. 

Tracy Kayan, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Breast Revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your lateral displacement is not uncommon for implant based reconstruction.  Capsulorrhaphy and coupled with judicious use of acellular dermal matrix and mesh may be an option.  There are many good reconstructive surgeons that accept insurance and in general I recommend one that is close to you so aftercare can be better facilitated.

John Y.S. Kim, MD, FACS
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 73 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.