My hair is thinning or disappearing; what can I do? (Photos)

My hair is thining or disappearing, I have one aunt in the family who have the same situation as mine, so that's mean it's genetic. What can I do? I had a hair transplant and it was a complete failure, what other choices do I have? And how long do I have with my hair before going bald

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Spironolactone

Please see an expert who does alternative treatments for hair thinning such as PRP and progesterone.  Best, Dr. Emer.

FPHL

I am a big beleiver that anyone with a failed transplant needs a biopsy to evaluate for a primary or secondary scarring alopecia (especially lichen planopilaris).

Minoxidil, hormone blocking medications low level laser and PRP can be discussed. Scalp micropigmentation and a hairpiece also complete the full list of options.

Woman thinning

Thinning occurs in the female side of families through inheritance. This is very common and made worse when these women go through menopause. Scalp microigmentation is an excellent cosmetic treatment for this, but it only makes the woman's hair look thicker and not thin. It does not treat the underlying cause which we really don't know how to treat. See web reference below.  Many doctors offer PRP for this but I am not aware that this makes any difference before and after treatment but you can try it. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon