Did they do a good job on my juvederm lip injections? (photos)

On Monday I got a half syringe of juvederm lip injections.it is now Friday. I still have a bump and bruise on one side of my top lip but I think it's getting better. Other than the bruise did they do a good job? Do my lips look good now? She mostly injected my upper lip but some for my bottom too. Is my bottom lip still bigger than my top lip?i wanted my bottom lip to still be bigger but I'm not sure if it looks like it is

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

It takes 2-3 weeks to see the ultimate results. I suggest you speak to your physician if you are truly concerned. If you are unhappy this can be reversed.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm for lips

It can take about two weeks for the bruising and swelling to subside after Juvederm lip injections.  Your bottom lip does appear fuller than your upper lip and you should have a pretty result.  If you are not happy, please return to your doctor.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Lip filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase.  Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip augmentation with Juvederm

Your final photo looks beautiful - although you may still have a bit of swelling. Usually there is some swelling and bruising with injections - this is normal. After the swelling resolves, if you feel you don't have enough in the bottom lip, you could have some added. Just be cautious not to overdo it to the point of looking unnatural...

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm for the lips

Thank you for your question amber5555. Juvederm is a filler used to enhance the face. It can be used to enhance the size and shape of the lips. Bruising and swelling can occur after any injection; this usually resolves within 2 weeks. Application of cold compresses can reduce swelling. In our office we treat bruises as early as the next day with the laser; this makes the bruise go away significantly faster. In order to assess results one must be able to compare before and after photographs; we take after photographs two weeks after a treatment once swelling has subsided in order to assess the results. The results are also dependent on the desires of the patient; for example, if the patient wants more fullness more filler can be added. lease consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Did they do a good job on my Juvederm lip injections?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  It does appear that your upper lip remains smaller than your lower lip, and that you received a nice overall augmentation effect.  It will take some time to have your bruising and swelling resolve (oftentimes two weeks or longer) so hang in there, you will likely be pleased with your final result.

Juvederm Results

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photographs, you appear to have some normal postprocedure swelling and bruising.  Icing is helpful for up to 48 hours after the procedure.  Arnica is also beneficial for minimizing normal postprocedure swelling and bruising.  It is too early to judge your final result.  Please keep in mind that it will take 2 weeks for normal postprocedure swelling and bruising to resolve and to see your final result.  At that point, if you continue to have any concerns, please be sure to see your injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Juvederm in lips

Thank you for asking your questions and posting your photos. It appears to be a good treatment. You are still swollen, so final results cannot be determined. After 2 weeks from the time of injection, please repost your photos. Good luck,