14 months post-op from my tummy tuck, & about 6 weeks out from scar revision; dissolvable stitches still a problem? (Photos)

I have my TT 14m ago. Due to dissolable stitches not dissolving I had to get a scar revision. b4 my revision I had 3 marble sized balls of scar tissue built up around the stitches that never dissolved. It was constantly inflamed, painful & very lumpy. My ps had to cut it all out, he used dissolvable stitches again, now it's like deja vu, its turning purple & I can feel hard scar tissue forming again. How can I help dissolve them? Ps keeps sayin wait, but I know my body and know this isn't right

Scar problem after revision

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck revision.
  • One of two things is happening -
  • Your body doesn't tolerate the internal sutures and your surgeon needs to find and remove them.
  • Or you have ingrowing hairs causing the problem -
  • This can look very like a suture problem and often the hair is hard to see.
  • Either the suture or the ingrowing hairs have to be removed for these to heal.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Your body does appear that it is not reacting well to those stitches. In my clients I some times go in and excise those in the office setting under local anesthesia. I would revisit the issue with your surgeon. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon