Can I take out diced fascia graft and septal graft from tip to restore my old nose? Is this at possible?

I don't like my nose now and wish to return to the old one. is it possible to take out diced fascia graft from my bridge, take out septal graft from my nose used to elongate it and undo alarplasty? i deeply miss my old nose and i want it back. is this possible at all? how long can i wait to do this procedure? how long will swelling persist?

Graft removal following rhinoplasty.

Any cartilage or fascia graft can be removed during revision rhinoplasty.  However, the overriding question is what are my overall goals and how reliably can they be achieved without causing other adverse effects to nasal form and function.  

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC, FACS.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

Cosmetic rhinoplasty is one of the most challenging procedures in plastic surgery and revision rhinoplasty procedures are occasionally necessary. Large studies of revision rhinoplasty rates have been performed and range from 5-15%. Failure to address the nasal tip at the time of a primary rhinoplasty has been cited in these studies as being associated with patient dissatisfaction.

Cartilage or fascia grafts can be removed, revised, or repositioned during a revision rhinoplasty. It is important to realize that it may not be possible to restore one's nose to the look exactly like it did before surgery. It is also important to realize that if additional cartilage is required for a revision procedure, that it may need to harvested from the ear or possibly even the rib. Revision rhinoplasty procedures should be entered into very cautiously and I would recommended seeking guidance from a board certified surgeon who has experience and a strong interest in revision rhinoplasty.

David J. Archibald, MD
Castle Rock Facial Plastic Surgeon