Should I get fat transferred to my lips during my Lipo session? (photos)

I am have Lipo of abdominal etc. and am thinking of fat transfer to my lips. Do you think I would be a good candidate and would see the results I want in the desired pic or is it not worth it?

Fat transfer to the lips

I personally think lip volume can look really good on many people.

Fat transfer is not nearly as precise or forgiving as the use of fillers.

If you've never used lip fillers I suggest you start with that.

The amount of fat needed for fat transfer is minuscule in relationship to having liposuction.

That amount of fat can easily be harvested in 15 minutes in office setting.
If the fat transfer is not done well then you can be faced with a lifetime of unnatural results that are almost impossible to correct.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Fat transfer from liposuction

Hi, thanks for your question.  
By all means -- you can get fat  transferred during your liposuction procedure. Your own fat is the best material for lip augmentation even if a portion of the fat that is injected will be reabsorbed, but with slight over correction, a lasting volume enhancement will be seen.  There is a wide variety of dermal fillers and lip implants available for lip augmentation, but a fat transfer using the fat from your liposuction would be an excellent idea. There is generally a low risk of complications associated with lip fillers, which is what this fat transfer would be.  The more mild side effects linked to lip fillers include redness, bruising, swelling, minor discomfort, tenderness, and infection. With gentle care, these symptoms can be minimized, and should fade within a few days. I hope that you enjoy the plump, sensuous look from having fuller lips.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

We do a significant amount of fat transfer to the lips, I suggest you see an expert. This is a great treatment when performed well.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip augmentation

Lip augmentation with fat transfer is an excellent idea as long as you select a surgeon who is experienced with the procedure. Abdominal fat is an excellent source for fat transfer. However, your lips will be swollen for 1- 2 weeks. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Lip augmentation with fat

It is possible to have a lip augmentation with fat injections. Best to discuss with your surgeon . Good luck.