Would breast implants work for me? (photos)

I have done a lot of reading about breast implants vs breast lifts but I still feel unsure. My nipples are perfectly even with my IMF but I think they just look so saggy. I have 38DDs. I think the sagging is genetic but I did also have a child that I breastfed for ten months which I'm sure didn't help. If I got a lift I would want implants as well so I'm just curious if it looks like I need both or if implants would suffice.

Would breast implants work for me?

I believe you would obtain the best result with a breast lift along with implants. You do demonstrate a good deal of sagging, The lift, or mastopexy, will reliably raise the nipples and remove excess tissue from the lower breast. However, it will not give you a noticeable increase in upper fullness (despite claims to the contrary by some surgeons). For this reason I nearly always use an implant along with the lift. I prefer the vertical, or lollipop mastopexy. This operation is considered very difficult - I recommend you do a careful search for a very experienced aesthetic breast plastic surgeon. All the best.

Would breast implants work for me?

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos you will need a breast lift alone or with implants. Breast implants alone risk the snoopy deformity. You need to used the fold directly under the nipple to evaluate nipple distance-the fold on the side is much higher. Please read below:

Lift or lift with implant?

Thank you for your question.  The answer will really depend on your goals.  From what I can see on the photo, you have a lot of breast tissue below the IMF and your nipples are starting to point down.  An implant alone would not be a good option.  A breast lift would be a good option to help re-position the breast and nipples higher and improve the shape.  If you would also like fullness in the upper breast, then combining an implant with the lift is a good option for you.  If you were my patient, I would discuss a "reduction/augmentation,"  which at first sounds funny.  The augmentation with an implant will provide fullness in the upper breast which is very difficult to provide long term with a lift alone.  The reduction will reshape the breast, move the nipple higher, and remove the excess breast tissue in the lower portion of the breast (where you don't want it sagging) in combination with an implant to give you the fullness in the upper breast where you do want it.  Good luck. 

Would breast implants work for me

I think that an implant alone will leave you larger and more saggy. I think a lift would be your best bet at the time of the breast implant

Julio Garcia, MD

Would breast implants work for me?

Thanks for your question and photos. Check your nipple to sternal notch distance. If you are 5' 5" or so, this distance should be around 20-21cm. I suspect yours is longer than that. This distance, coupled with your slightly downward-pointing nipples at the level of your inframammary crease (IMC), make you  more appropriately a candidate for full breast lift.

A full Wise-pattern (anchor) breast lift will remove no more than 30-45g of tissue per breast (one to one and a half ounces, or 2-3 tablespoons), so you can still have DD breast volume in a higher, tighter skin brassiere. If you want to go bigger, then implants can add more volume (size), but will NOT add upper pole fullness (unless they're put in the wrong position) or more longevity to your lift.

Implants alone will give you "Snoopy dog" breasts as the implants would be under the muscles and the upper part of your droopy, non-lifted excess above-nipple skin, with your own breast tissues "hanging" from the too-high implant mound. Going lower with the implant position will only increase your risk of double bubble deformity. Implants without a lift would be a mistake, IMHO.

You need a full breast lift (if you like your present size minus about an ounce or excess skin per breast).

Otherwise, if you want larger breasts, then you need a lift plus implants.

See one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeons with extensive experience in this operation, which can be performed in a single stage (one operation) safely and effectively. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Would breast implants work for me?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Implants with lift provide maximum improvement

I have added a link that might be helpful...

hi hellohum.   Thank you for sharing photos along with your question.  While an in person examination is necessary to say for sure, looks like a lift with an implant would improve the shape and upper volume the most.  You have very little breast skin show below your nipple and centering the nipples will provide a rounder appearance.  If you lift without an implant, you may experience a sharper step-off in the upper part of the breasts-the implant provides a smoother slope.  Be sure to seek consultation with an ABPS certified PS.  Good luck!

Do I need a lift?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Great question. I usually begin my discussion with a patient trying to identify their goals. If you are happy with your current volume but want your breasts up higher then a lift alone may be sufficient. If on the other hand you feel that the volume in your bra is inadequate then you may be seeking a lift and augmentation. These are questions that should be addressed with your surgeon during a face to face consultation. Seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in breast surgery. Good Luck!

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon