Bellafill longevity concerns with such a high cost procedure!

I have been watching video's and reading all kinds of reviews on this product and I am extremely confused. Many Dr.'s are saying that it's a permanent solution and many others are saying it is only good for 5 years!! If the product lasts only five years I am not sure the benefit is worth it! That would be a $3000 to $4000 hit every 5 years and who can really afford that on a middle class income? Why do the Dr.'s all have different facts? Kinda Leary about that!!!

Bellafill Longevity

Because there are no official long term studies that go past 5 years we cannot officially say that Bellafill is permanent. That said, there is no drop in volume at 5 years in the official studies. In addition, the PMMA beads that act as a biostimulant are non-absorbable. I have many patients who are still happy with their results at 9 years. They have aged somewhat and are returning to get a little more Bellafill added as a result.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill longevity

Bellafill is a stimulating agent that produces a filling effect.  This resulting volume is not temporary, however, the face will continue to age so changes will occur over time due to aging but not due to the loss of effect from the Bellafill.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill and Results

Bellafill is injected differently than other fillers; less over time and then it builds collagen naturally. It is not an immediate fill like other fillers. Bellafill is more permanent than other fillers and thus it requires meticulous injection technique and someone skilled and experienced. Some physicians do not use this product for those reasons. I use a significant amount of this product and find it very useful and beneficial for patients. Best, Dr. Emer.

Duration of Bellafill

The studies recently published show 5 years of safety and duration. There will be further data as time goes on to show that it will continue to show correction for more than 5 years. PMMA is not broken down by the body. You should have a permanent correction with Bellafill, however aging continues. Further corrections will be needed to keep up with the volume loss associated with aging.

Steven F. Weiner, MD