Asymmetric Upper Eyelid. Any suggestions? (photos)

My eyelids are very unproportional and ugly. What treatment should I have done to fix it and what is the cost?

Drooping of eyelids

You have a condition called Ptosis and a small amount of redundant skin. You would need a muscle tightening procedure to get the eyelids more symmetric and open. You would need to see an oculoplastic surgeon to choose the best surgical procedure to correct the problems. Usually your insurance will cover this surgery if it is affecting your vision.

Marietta Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetric eyelid ptosis

You have asymmetric upper eyelid ptosis with left side worse. See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation and possible ptosis surgery.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ptosis

Your eyelids are asymmetric but not "ugly". You appear to have ptosis of the left upper lid, but might also have some milder ptosis on the right. An examination by an oculoplastic surgeon would clarify your diagnosis, and inform you about the options for treatment. Ptosis repair is likely to restore your normal anatomy by advancing and reattaching the levator muscle in the lid. Cost varies according to region of the country and location of the surgery - office vs surgery center. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon