Am I a candidate for BBL? (photos)

I am 5 9 280 and want a fat transfer. I do not plan on losing weight.

BBL candidate?

At your present weight your risk of complications from anesthesia and from any surgery is high. In our practice we would not operate on you . This is elective surgery and your complications can be severe.  Best wishes. 

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for BBL?

Though the procedure can be performed, weight loss would improve the safety of the operation and the risk for complications.

Am I a candidate for BBL? (photos)

Your bmi is at 41.3 and you should be at 32 . You need to loose a little bit of weight and you should be fine.  Your first step with the information given should be to loose weight in order to be at good BMI so that you are healthy for a procedure.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Are you a candidate for a BBL?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Every doctor will have a slightly different protocol based on their beliefs and experiences but most will agree that having a BMI above 30 isn’t optimal for elective cosmetic surgery. I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results. Your BMI is around 42 which is considered obese and isn’t optimal for undergoing elective cosmetic surgery as it puts you at a higher risk of delayed healing, so it would be best for you to try and get your BMI down to around 30 or lower. I also recommend that my patients remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done for optimal results because weight fluctuation can cause a change in your results.  It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues.  Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Am I a candidate for BBL? (photos)

I would recommend an in person consultation. For health and safety reasons, BMI should be less than 30 prior to elective surgery. 

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon