I hate my nose and want to know if rhinoplasty is even an option?

It's too long for my face, one nostril is wider than the other, and my nose spreads when I smile. It's crooked and has a bump sticking out on my right side which makes it look even more uneven. It's very asymmetrical. I'm scared there is so much wrong with it that rhinoplasty isn't even an option. I never noticed that it was messed up when I was younger. But my senior year in HS I was hit on the right side with a softball. Could damage from that just now be showing up later in life?

Rhinoplasty

The improvement that can be achieved in your situation can best be determined with an in-office consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. 

Rhinoplasty is a great option for the right patient

Based on your description, you are likely a candidate for rhinoplasty. A thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is, of course, needed to truly answer this question. Your injury may be related to the findings you describe; facial growth is also likely an issue. 
A detailed analysis of your nose, inside and out, can determine what surgical options may be best for you. 
Good luck. 

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Is rhinoplasty an option

The short answer is yes. The specific answer depends on several variables and can't possibly be asked without seeing photos at a minimum and more importantly an in person consultation. Look for a board-certified plastic surgeon 

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

No matter how severely deranged your nasal shape may be, rhinoplasty is always an option where improvement can be obtained. The question is how much improvement and whether it would meet your expectations and make the surgery worthwhile. Computer imaging would help answer that question for you.

Rhinoplasty on difficult nose

Those of us who specialize in nose surgery deal with noses that are more challenging frequently. There is no nose that is hard to fix and as long the patient has realistic expectation there will be a happy ending.
Good Luck 

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing and straightening the crooked nose, shaving down the dorsal bump, and adjusting the nostrils. For many examples, please see the video and the link below

Rhinoplasty

You would have to be seen in person to determine what can be done for you.  Best of luck in your pursuit!

Rhinoplasty

As you age, slight changes to the facial structure (including the nose) can occur. If you are unhappy with the overall structure of your nose, I would recommended scheduling an in-person consultation with a highly qualified, board certified plastic surgeon to help assess your concerns. We perform many rhinoplasty procedures to patients who, like you, have similar concerns, and who have noticed a significant improvement after the procedure has been done.

Softball Induced Delayed Nasal Damage

Thanks for your question!  The face as well as the nose does undergo slight changes with aging that can make some deformities more noticeable with time.   Do not be scared that so much is wrong that a rhinoplasty is not an option.  Usually any deformity you notice can be corrected by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  Good Luck!!!

Paul E. Goco, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD