Doctor said that I have to do a tummy tuck first then six months later a BBL? (Photo)

Hi I want to do a BBL. but I went to a doctor and said that I have to do a tummy tuck first then six months later a bbl. I currently live in Miami but have to return to NY in December. I currently weight 216 and I am going to the gym as well as trying to loose weight for me to be under 200. I had a consultant in the past and they did not tell me that I have to get a tummy tuck. Need guidance. Please help me. Can I do both procedures at the same time or can I loose the weight and just get a BBl.

You should first lose weight, maybe down to 180-190. In my center we often perform a TT and the BBL at the same time which has lots of advantages including: one operation , one anesthesia, one recuperation and it's a bit cheaper. You should consult with a Board Certified PS with lots of experience performing the BBL as well as doing simultaneous BBL and TT. Good luck!

BBL and tummy tuck

I prefer to do the opposite. I like to harvest the fat that I can from the abdomen and waist to perform a BBL, and then wait 4-6 months to do a tummy tuck. Best of luck.

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for those procedures at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Doctor said that I have to do a tummy tuck first then six months later a BBL

Thank you for submitting your question.  Try to get to your optimal weight.  Liposuction will lead to loose lower abdominal skin.  You may want to consider having the liposuction and BBL followed by a tummy
tuck  as a separate procedures at a later time.  I would recommend you make an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.  Best wishes

Tummy Tucks & BBL, Brazilian Butt Lift, Butt Augmentation and/or Butt Implants

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist.  (I know tone can get lost in an email; my tone is just 100% honest and true, not negative)  Based on your photo, I think that you need to lose weight prior to your procedure.  I agree with getting your weight at least below 200 pounds.  Also, I do not think you are a good candidate for a BBL.  It appears that you have loose excess skin and excess fat.  You have two problems, and that requires 2 solutions/procedures:  Butt Lift to remove some of the excess skin and Volume procedure to increase the volume to your butt.  However, based on your photos, I do no think fat is enough; you will need an implant.  If your tummy does not bother then I do not think you NEED a tummy tuck. Please reach out if you have any further questions.  Best of Luck!   Sincerely, Matthew J. Nykiel, M.D. #RealSelfTopDoctor #RealSelfCoreDoctor “THE” Butt Doctor Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Cosmetic Fellowship Trained Surgeon

Doctor said that I have to do a tummy tuck first then six months later a BBL?

If you are healthy, you may have both surgeries at the same time.
Los Angeles, CA..

Combination procedures, tummy tuck and BBL

Thank you for your question. You can have these two procedures done at the same time, but first you have to reach an stable weight within the safe zone with a BMI of less than 30 to minize risks during and after surgery and to maximize results. Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands.  The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time.  Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck. A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation. Thank you for your question.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Get down to your ideal weight and then a BBL and tummy tuck together will give you the ideal silhouette

Hello and thank you for your question! Looking at your pictures you already have a great shape and I think that you have the right framework to achieve an even better look. Your silhouette would be greatly improved by aggressive liposuction of your flanks, abdomen, and lower back. By slimming the contour of your waist, flanks, and back with liposuction, your buttocks will already appear perkier when put next to a much slimmer waistline; liposuction will allow your surgeon to harvest fat to also transfer to your buttocks to further enhance this look. The shape which you desire can be created to your wishes by placing the fat in the right places to give you the "buttock shape" you desire. It is hard to determine how much fat you can get injected into each buttocks without an in-person examination, but I think you could get close to the buttocks and hip shape that you desire. 
If you wish for the ultimate waistline and flatness to your stomach, a tummy tuck could be added as well, but that is dependent on your goals and expectations with respect to the abdomen. As for weight, you should go into surgery looking your best but maintaining a stable weight because your fat grafts will change in size with your weight fluctuations: they will get bigger when you gain weight and get smaller when you lose weight. Also, many premiere plastic surgery practices have credit and financing options to help make surgery more affordable for you too. I hope this helps and make sure to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in advanced body contouring techniques.
Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Brazilian butt lift or a tummy tuck first ?

This is a common question in the office.
From thousands of past patients receiving either a tummy-tuck or a Brazilian butt lift as the first procedure, I would recommend performing the Brazilian butt lift first. 

1. The main benefit of performing the BBL first is the reduction of the upper abdomen subcutaneous tissue thickness before it becomes stretched towards your pubic bone. 
  2. The second main benefit is  liposuction of the flanks reduces the possibility of a raised-cone-deformity (also called a dog ear) when your tummy-tuck procedure is performed. 
  3. The third, your entire abdomen flank and back are reduced in size which will allow more skin and subcutaneous tissue to be removed with the tummy-tuck procedure. After your sessions of surgery are completed, you will have a more smaller, tighter, slimmer body contour result.

I wish you well through your procedures and recovery.
Dr McAdoo 

• 32,000 procedures 
  • 20 years experience
  • AOA board certified plastic surgeon