Will these wrinkles go away? Should I have gone bigger? (Photo)

I'm 3 days post op. As soon as I woke I wasn't happy with the size. :(. I asked for a D. After settle what size will they be? And will these wrinkles around my nipples go away and look normal ? I had a lift, areola reduction with Mentor silicone implants 550cc

It's too early to know at this point. There is still a lot of swelling this early and its impossible to predict exactly what size you'll end up. The wrinkles will definitely settle with time and look exactly as they should 3 days after surgery. If you are really concerned then book a follow up with your surgeon so they can reassure you. Best of luck!  

Breast lift

The wrinkles are common after a donut lift and these often settle. I would keep in touch with your PS esp regarding massage postoperatively. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkles and size?

Hello Anya. Thank you so much for your questions and for sharing your photos. Your wrinkles are due to swelling and the incision going around the areola and typically there's an improvement over time. Size also increases as the breast and soft tissue stretch with ongoing healing. As far as the 550 cc, I think that's a pretty heroic size to be placed simultaneously with a lift procedure and I don't believe going bigger is in your best interest long term. Bigger implants are known for having higher revision rates and other problems you don't see with smaller sizes. Before judging the results as final I suggest you wait at least 6 months to fully stretch. Congratulations on your recent surgey! I wish you the very best for the rest of your recovery. Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Technical limitations

These wrinkles are from the type of lift you had.  They are common and may improve with time.  There are limitations when doing a lift with an implant.

Will these wrinkles go away? Should I have gone bigger?These ripples/wrinkles in the donut list surgeries 'usually' smooth pt.

These ripples/wrinkles in the donut lift surgeries 'usually' smooth out. BUT best to discuss with your chosen surgeon in person. If you had a 550 cc implant that should have been large enough. But again you decided the size with your chosen surgeon. So the needs to be also discussed...