Weight loss before TT procedure?

in August been trying to lose it the natural way. I have a 1200 calorie or less and drink lots of water,workout 3-5 days a week doing strengthen and cardio. No diet pills or teas. I take vitamins daily Thank you all for your answers, rescheduling if my goal is not reached. I know most doctors prefer BMI. I'm 5'3 and as of this morning weighing in at 211.5. I read in a comment that it's risking going in, what complications might there be, if I were to lose the weight ?

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Weight loss before TT procedure?

Your severe postop complications could be: death, PE, DVT, fat necrosis, abscess, etc. Plus at your BMI of 37+ I would not offer you surgery due to the high statistical risks to your outcome... 

Weight loss before tummy tuck procedure?

Congratulations on your healthy lifestyle; you are wise in getting closer to your long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery.  

As you mentioned, doing so will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently.  Certain risks such as lower extremity clot formation (deep venous thrombosis) and/or pulmonary complications such as pulmonary embolism are greater when patients undergo surgery while overweight.

In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.  

You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients who have experienced significant weight loss, helpful to you as you consider your options. Best wishes.

Weight loss before plastic surgery

It is ideal to have a BMI in the under-30 range prior to body contouring surgery such as tummy tuck. There are a host of ways to help with weight loss. Don't expect any of the methods to cause weight loss so rapidly that your overall health suffers. Rapid weigh loss can cause impaired healing, lower your blood count or cause connective tissue to slacken and give you a poorer result than desirable. If you have made a decision to proceed with surgery, consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon now, even if your weight loss goal is months away. Some guidance from the surgeon's team can go a long way in guiding you towards your ultimate goal. Plus, you may be put in touch with others who have faced the same challenges that you do and offer some meaningful advice.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD