Can weight effect the outcome of my vaginoplasty. Seven weeks post op loosened up after vaginoplasty.

I'm 7 weeks post op from vaginaplasty after forth encounter loose again doctor nurse says maybe because of weight or the fact I lost weight three years ago thirty pounds three years ago ??? I should have seen this as a warning sign when consulting he stated he doesn't do surgery on people who have lost a lot of weight but when he saw me he said I was fine I had a lot of muscle down there ??? I feel doped

No - your weight is not related to the success of your vaginoplasty

Thank you for posting your very good question. Your poor results had nothing to do with your current or past weight. There are many factors that may affect the results of a vaginoplasty, but weight is not one of them.

Your best option now is to allow yourself to recover from your recent surgery and search for another surgeon. You should definitely look for an experienced reconstructive and cosmetic vaginal surgeon with proven results.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Denver Urogynecologist

Weight and Vr

thanks for sharing. If you are feeling that you vaginal rejuvenation is not tight enough 7 weeks after the surgery it is most likely that you were not made tight enough to begin with.  There is also the possibility to your surgeon made you tight but it just did not hold.  Either way your weight has nothing to do with the tightness.

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

A vaginoplasty result has nothing to do with your weight

I thought I'd heard every excuse for a poorly performed vaginoplasty, but I'm going to have to add this one to the list. Go see an expert in vaginoplasty who is also an expert in pelvic reconstruction. If a revision needs to be done, it should be at least 6 months after your most recent surgery.

Gotta see the right person the first time for your Vaginoplasty! Seek only EXPERIENCE and VERIFY!

No, not weight. (S)he didn't do it right the first time & probably didn't counsel & instruct you in pelvic floor exercises. Gotta see the right person for your work. See the video..  Sorry!

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Recurrent relaxation following vaginoplasty

I am sorry to hear about your negative outcome. Significant weight loss can decrease support to the pelvic organs and contribute to pelvic organ prolapse. A weight loss of 30 pounds a few years before vaginoplasty would not effect your outcome. Surgical vaginal rejuvenation works to tighten and rebuild the pelvic floor with a lasting benefit. I would recommend a consult with a urogynecologist who is board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and will be able to properly address your concerns. We do have patients who travel from out of state for surgery and post operative care. Best of luck.