Almost 3 weeks in since the day of surgery! Any suggestions? (photos)

I am liking their shape more they do appear rounder to me but they obviously still need to drop more. From a side profile they still look strange to me. The scars also annoy me and I'm hoping that it will go away with time.

Surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well...

Your results are pretty well, I have to say that you look beautiful, they will drop naturally after a couple of weeks and we never know their final size, also they are never the same size. Even on a person with no surgery...

You can expect after surgery:
  • A more harmonious body contour and improved self-esteem.
  • The healing process is gradual, you should wait several months to get the final results.
  • If you’re thinking of losing a significant amount of weight, make sure you tell your plastic surgeon
  • Except in cases of implant deflation requiring surgical replacement with a new breast prosthesis, the results of breast augmentation surgery will be long lasting.However, gravity, pregnancy and aging effects may eventually alter the size and shape of the breasts.

• Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

Almost 3 weeks in since the day of surgery! Any suggestions?

You need more healing time even after 124 postings, things seem to be improving - just as we have been responding to you. AGAIN ALWAYS best to only follow up with your surgeon. Appears you are having a slow normal postop course. You should be happy with your results.....

Brest shape post op

Be patient since your are only 3 weeks out.you can use scar creams and gels to help scars look better.

Robert Brueck, MD
    Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Dropping and Scar Treatment

Your final results following a breast augmentation are mostly present; including "dropping of the implant", when implants are below the muscle, within the first 3 months for most and certainly by a year. Breast implants initially after surgery when placed in a submuscular position often give superior fullness that corrects itself with time, the "fluff and drop" phenomena. In reality the pectoralis major muscle takes a while to adjust its size to accommodate the implant as well as occasional muscle spasm which keeps the implant projection higher than its final resting shape. Additional variables include:laxity of skin, size difference during prior pregnancies, position of implant,size of muscle, and size of implant.
    As the muscle relaxes the projection of the implant often increases and the breast shape improves. Massage and use of a superior placed elastic strap can often make this process go faster.

#ScarManagement: Best Scar Management is important to minimize or completely hide from view, the telltale signs of your surgery—namely, scars. Both you and your surgeon want you to have the most minimal scarring possible. There are many possible causes for scars that are enlarged or not healing well. Unsightly scars are most commonly due to genetics, underlying medical conditions, or improper scar/wound care. The last part is very important and patients can make a noticeable difference in their scars’ appearance by following best scar management practices. I have attached a link with more details on how to care for your scars!

#breastaugmentation
    #BA
    #breastdropping

3 weeks post op

Thank you for the question. You are still in the post operation recovery stage. I It usually takes about 8-12 weeks for the wounds to heal and around 4-6 months for the implants to fully settle so give it more time. It would always be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment for your concerns. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS