What do I do 8 weeks after fat injections under my eyes? (photos)

I got fat injections under my eyes 8 weeks ago and the bruising and swelling hasn't gone down. My doctor says to do antibiotics and another treatment. I've done antibiotics for 7 days (just ended 2 days ago) and had laser treatment on my face. What can I do? What is a next best step?

Fat Injections to Eyes

By your pictures and being 8 weeks out from surgery that does not appear to be bruising or swelling. That appears to be the retained fat from the injections. There is no basis for antibiotics or any other external facial therapies. If this result has not change by three months after the procedure only an open eyelid approach can removed the excessive fat.

Fat Transfer, How to Improve Final Results? Swelling and Bruising?

It is not normal to have bruising this far out, swelling maybe normal. I would consider a series of pulsed dye laser treatments and venus legacy or exilis treatments.  Kenalog/steroid injections may help as well.  Oral diuretics or prednisone are another option.  Without a formal evaluation there is no way to know what is the best.  Dr. Emer.

Swelling and Discoloration under the Eyes after Fat Injections

There are a number of reasons that you could have swelling and discoloration under the eyes 8 weeks after fat injections there. These include edema from obstruction of the lymphatics of the eyelid, over injection of the area, an infection and several less common problems. The antibiotics have treated for the possibility of an infection. I do not know what a laser could do for the problem. I would, therefore, suggest a 2nd opinion with an experienced injector.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting injections to the lower eyelids.

Fat grafting to the lower eyelids can be unpredictable. This may represent persistent swelling, but also can be the fat causing bumps. If you feel that the area is firm, you may need to discuss with your doctor a strategy to try to shrink or remove the fat.

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat injections under eye

bruising can take quite a while to go away in thst location. If you roll your finger over the area and you feel a mass its not swelling, it's the fat. 

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon