Is Vanquish good for lipo revision? Fat grafting for double mastectomy reconstruction with implants, left uneven stomach (Photo)

My surgeon did a wonderful job on my reconstructed breasts; however, there is a "shelf" look to my abdomen now. The fat was not evenly grafted, she suggested Vanquish to fix it. There's also very slight dimpling in a few areas. Will Vanquish smooth the abnormal fat shelves? Could it cause more dimpling? The strips seen in the picture are Mepitac silicone strips for scarring, FYI. It's been 3 months. I know it needs a year to heal, but the fat was not evenly grafted which is leaving the shelves.

Vanquish for abdominal lips revision

Excess or uneven fat around the abdomen after previous liposuction can be challenging.  Revision liposuction with ultrasonic energy (Vaser) is very efficient and predictable and can be done in the office with local anesthesia and oral sedation. Of the  non surgical options for body contouring in your situation, I would prefer the Vanquish which uses radio frequency(RF)  energy and I would combine it with the Exilis Ultra which uses both RF and external ultrasonic technology.  The new upgraded Vanquish ME ('maximum energy') along with the Cellutone, which uses a sound wave to improve lymphatic and blood flow, are extremely effective in these cases when combined with the tissue tightening effects of Exilis Ultra.  In my opinion, I would not use CoolSculpt to treat a postoperative irregularity such as this.

Is Vanquish good for lipo revision? Fat grafting for double mastectomy reconstruction with implants, left uneven stomach

Hi there. Vanquish is a great idea especially after everything you have already been through, it is what we call multi-polar radiofrequency so it can treat a larger area like the full abdomen.  It will take a minimum of 8 treatment sessions and I have used Vanquish to smooth abnormal fat shelves.  It has worked well in many of my patients, as it reduces the fat all over and does not appear to lead to any further dimpling. I wish you good luck. Dr. Downie

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Evening out liposuction divots

I think that Vanquish is a good idea. It give a generalized reduction in the area treated. I actually respectfully disagree with the prior answer and think that it is a better choice than coolsculpting. I think it should work well but may require 6-8 treatments. I like it because of its large surface area. I think the Coolsculpting will leave even more divots. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Vanquish for uneven stomach

Vanquish can treat unwanted fat on the stomach, but it treats the whole area at one time and takes multiple treatments. I don't think that it would worsen any dimples, but I do feel that Coolsculpting would be a better option for you. This is because we can customize the Coolsculpting treatment to just treat the areas that have too much volume and leave the rest of the abdomen alone. This will allow for a better "sculpting" of the area so you can get the result you desire.Andrew Campbell, M.D.Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon