Unwanted white beard/depigmentation after IPL for rosacea, male face

I recently had an IPL facial to cheeks and forehead for rosacea. Usually practitioner does not go below beardline. I have no desire for beard removal. This time the dermatologist zapped lower cheek area and lip. Strangely enough, I notice 3 weeks later that my salt-pepper beard (I take vitamins to prevent further graying) is now all white! Compared to neck, which has still majority dark hairs. What happened? Will color come back to beard? Hairs don't seem to be falling out, just depigmented.

Thanks for your query. The melanin will come back. It might come back when the next hair cycle comes. It is unlikely that the melanin goes in one single session of Ipl. Just wait for a while and it should come back. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon