How unsafe is it to have conceived before a tummy tuck and find out a month after that you have?

Pregnancy post tummy tuck

Congratulations on the pregnancy. The tummy tuck shouldn't cause any harm, but the pregnancy may very well obliterate the results of your tummy tuck, stretching the skin and muscle back to your pre-procedure state. 

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Without being aware of it I had conceived one month before having a tummy tuck. Will there be a problem for my pregnancy?

I believe congratulations may be in order for the pregnancy, but the news may not be as good for your tummy tuck!  It may very well be that your repaired muscle weakness and skin tightening procedure performed as part of the tummy tuck will revert back to the previous state once you have stretched your abdomen.  I would always advice you to check with your Plastic Surgeon and your OB-GYN as it relates to your pregnancy

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Did not you have a urine & blood test for pregnancy before the TT surgery as part of the preoperative evoluation? By Florida Board of Medicine office surgery guidelines, the morning of surgery a urine for pregnancy test MUST be done before the start of surgery! Was this either NOT done or you had a false negative? This is a major issue. Are you sure you dd not conceive after the TT??? Assuming you had a positive pre op pregnancy test than this should be reported. Best to obtain a copy of your preoperative labs and OR reports.