Unhappy with Restylane Silk in mouth corners (Photo)

A few weeks ago I had restylane silk around the eyes lips and mouth corners, very unhappy with the results. My mouth corners look like a slit and on the left side that I have a deeper line I drool and have a rash because of it. What should do? I don't want my mouth to be puffed up because of more fillers but it bothers me. Should I return to the same doctor?

Follow up

I think there still may be some swelling after the injections that may change the final results when resolved.  I would wait until a month has passed and then follow up and see if any modifications can be made.

Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with Restylane Silk in mouth corners

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. I suggest following up with your injecting physician, assuming he/she is a qualified aesthetic specialist. Often small touch-ups can make a big difference. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with your results of Restylane Silk.  As long as you went to a qualified injector, I would definitely recommend that you follow-up with the doctor who performed the services.  Often there are little touch-ups that can be performed that can make a big difference in results.  Best of luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Post injections Restylane SILK

Yes, absolutely return to your provider for a follow up.  Your concerns can be addressed best if followed up with the same provider who injected you.  There are options on what to do with your areas that have been injected and he or she will be able to further explain them.  Hope this helps.  

Grant Stevens, MD

Return to injecting physician

You should definitely return your injecting physician for a post-treatment assessment. As long as they are experienced and skilled with injectables, they should be able to recommend the appropriate course of action. 

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane filler

You should return to your doctor for assessment.  He/she can either remove the Restylane filler or add more as needed.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Unhappy with treatment

Restylane Silk should be performed only by a physician who is a master injector. Return to your physician and seek his or her guidance as he or she knows the scope of the treatment and the specifics about you. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Without posting photos very hard to advise, You might have been under treated in volume of filler? Or I might recommend a Nova Lift to oral commissures (threads). Fee for the Nova Lift to corners of mouth $800. Seek certified Nova Lift MD.. This is a repeat response the original question...