Uneven breasts. (photo)

Today I am exactly one week post op and I just got my bandages taken off and noticed that my breast are a little uneven. I know uneven breast are a common issue after an augmentation but I was just wondering if mine are anything out of the norm.

Uneven Breasts

Thank you for your question.  It does appear by your picture that your results are not uncommon 1 week after breast augmentation.  It can take several weeks or months for the implants to settle and for you to see the final result.  Best of luck to you!

Uneven Breasts

Thank you for your question and for your photograph. Overall your results appear very normal for 1 week postoperatively. As your breast tissue stretches the appearance of your breasts will change dramatically over the next several months. Best of luck.

Uneven breasts.

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Overall your results are not uncommon for a breast augmentation as the appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, once the implants drop and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest.  Once this resolves the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance.  

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. Its too early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.  Kind regards, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Uneven breasts.

So very sorry fr the very poor outcome in symmetry. Where you asymmetric before surgery? Why dd your surgeon NOT adjust the surgery to correct? Best to seek in person second opinion. Only revision can improve again sorry.

Uneven breasts. (photo)

Congratulation on your results.Pairs in the body never recovers symmetrically,  breasts included.  They will fall into their places and  get less and less swollen each at is own individual pace.If by any chance this doesn't happen your PC will help you. But still too soon to know final results.Again congratulations they look  well.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Breast augmentation for small breasts

Your breast implants will settle. Talk to your plastic surgeon about string technique, banding technique, bras for support and massage technique to help implant position. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon