Ugly scar 8 month post op. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had my second breast augmentation, 450cc implants 8 months ago. The scares are very ugly and unlike the first time when they were almost invisible. What also bothers me is that they are noticable when I stand upright because of the larger diameter of the implants comared to the old ones. Can something be done? I want my subtle scare back. I've been using mepiform silicone strips and creams and massaged them every day. Thanks for your help

Scar Management

Best Scar Management is important to minimize or completely hide from view, the telltale signs of your surgery—namely, scars. Both you and your surgeon want you to have the most minimal scarring possible. There are many possible causes for scars that are enlarged or not healing well. Unsightly scars are most commonly due to genetics, underlying medical conditions, or improper scar/wound care. The last part is very important and patients can make a noticeable difference in their scars’ appearance by following best scar management practices.

Breast Scars

This appears to be something that can be fixed with a simple scar revision under local anesthesia.  The recovery is quick and the results should be an improvement. 

Scar revision

Thank you for the photos and question. You will need a minor scar revision procedure that could be done under local anesthesia to improve the scar appearance.

Good luck!

Talk to your plastic surgeon

Your plastic surgeon can see and examine this breast augmentation scar.
Likely you will need an in office scar revision under local anesthesia to narrow this scar.
Dr. Denkler

Ugly scar

Sorry to hear about your disappointment in the quality of your scar after revision. When you go larger, the bottom of the implant may now be lower than the originally placed incision. Also, if you don't exercise the prior incision, this scar may be wider. The added tension of a larger implant may likewise stretch the scar. It looks to me like you will need to be redone therefore I would recommend waiting for several months until everything softens up before considering that. Follow up with your plastic surgeons recommended.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Even a scar revision might not impose the resultant scar. Plus the revision could doublet length. Camouflage with decorative tattoo.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. It is unfortunate that you are displeased with your scar. The widening of the scar may be related to the increased size of the implant. If you were displeased with the score I would consider waiting until the scar is fully mature and then speaking to your surgeon regarding a revision of the scar. This often helps to provide  finer scar. 

Best wishes
Theodore T Nyame M.D.

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician